Medcare Hospitals & Medical Centres lives by its promise “we’ll treat you well” and has always given utmost importance to quality, patient care and safety. Our ultimate goal as a leading healthcare provider͘ is to focus of improving systems and processes that empower our employees to deliver outstanding care for our patients.
At Medcare, we believe in a culture ready for the future while still staying relevant and focused on our purpose. Our brand promise holds not only for our patients but also for our entire team. That’s why we emphasize on staff health and safety to improve their work-life balance, prevent and identify burnout, implement tools and technology to support clinical team, and standardise workflows which result in improving employee satisfaction.
Our objective is to create an organization-wide quality-focused environment with an internal structure to support a comprehensive performance improvement effort throughout our business units. The major goal of this effort is to exceed the needs and expectations of all of our patients, their families, and their support systems. Our key performance indicators are designed keeping in mind the dimensions of health care performance: safety, effectiveness, patient-centricity, timeliness, efficiency, and equity along with sustainability.
In order to meet these goals, all our business units establish and maintain an effective structure to support the organization's ability to gather, assess, monitor, evaluate and communicate the appropriate indicators of patient safety and quality, clinical outcomes, infection prevention and control, voice of the customer, environmental safety including data on risk management occurrences and information regarding the effectiveness and appropriateness of care. The adoption of national and international standards has enabled Medcare to create and sustain a culture of quality and excellence while at the same time satisfying all its stakeholders.
Spotlighting the Heroes in quality and patient safety
Medcare Hospitals & Medical Centres, part of the Aster DM Healthcare Group recognizes the untiring efforts and service of healthcare professionals working towards quality and patient safety. We are seeking to spotlight these efforts by launching recognition awards for ‘Quality and Patient Safety’ projects.
Hospitals across the world are welcome to participate and submit their call for nomination.
The Quality and Patient Safety initiatives must demonstrate scalable and transferable learnings and how the initiative is improving patient safety outcomes. Nominations can be made for established or ongoing initiatives that demonstrate sustainable methods for addressing a patient safety concern.
All submissions must satisfy the following criteria:
- Teamwork approach that includes people from different fields
- Use of facts and best practices
- Creative or innovative approaches
- Adopting a comprehensive method for improving quality, managing change, and program implementation
- Evidence of sustainability (like putting it in the business or operational plan) and scalability
- Evidence that patient safety is improved/improving
- How patients and families are being meaningfully involved in the initiative
- Explanation of how the initiative creates value
- Sustainable quality and patient safety initiative
- Patient experience improvement initiative
- Infection control and prevention initiative
- Advanced Health care technology for patient safety